Woodland Floors LTD in Shildon are recruiting a wood machinist operative apprentice to work with us to produce high quality wood flooring products. Training & development will be given to become fully competent using a variety of machines. Duties include completing customer orders using a variety of machinery & tools, following work specifications.
The successful applicants would manufacture components & flooring used in flooring industry, producing high volume, repetitive, engineered products from timber. Presenting a wide and varied specification for both external and interior applications, products such as:
- Flooring components & finished flooring
- Staircase components
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with customers, delivery personnel, design office, internal stores. Wood product manufacturing operatives typically work individually but can also form part of a larger production team and will report to the production supervisor/manager.
- Read and interpret specifications, diagrams and work instructions, and following these instructions
- How to use and gain competency in a range of machinery to perform the task/operation required including static machinery, portable powered tools and hand tools
- Prepare and operate Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) equipment
- Adhere to quality standards and product accreditation processes for wood product manufacture
- Maintain machinery and log faults for repair including greasing
- Build tooling and set various wood working machinery including moulders, bandsaws, presses, double end tenoner and other specialist finishing machinery
- Techniques for applying specified finishes to components and products
- Install fixtures and fittings to wood products, for example magnetic and acoustic components on specific patented products
- Maintain a good level of cleanliness in working areas