Job Title: Junior Learning Mentor
Line Manager: Programme Manager
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: Starting salary of £21,000 (increasing to £23,000 upon successful completion of 6 month on-boarding) + OTE of up to £26,000!
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. As we continue our journey toward excellence, we have identified the need to grow our Learning Mentor team.
What’s the job?
As a Junior Learning Mentor, you will join our dedicated team of Learning Mentors who deliver and provide outstanding assessment guidance to our on-programme learners.
Are you passionate about helping young people start their career? Do you have the ability to successfully guide our learners throughout their programme? Are you able to motivate and positively influence our learners? Do you want a rewarding career?
From day one, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of our apprenticeship programs, ways of working and learner journey. You will have the opportunity to achieve a Learning Mentor qualification to help you develop the knowledge and skills required to deliver excellent assessment guidance and provide constructive feedback to our learners. Before you know it, you’ll be playing a crucial role in guiding your own caseload of learners towards successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship; having a lasting impact on their future life and career.
You will have the opportunity to achieve a Level 3 Learning Mentor qualification to help you develop the knowledge and skills required to deliver excellent assessment guidance and provide constructive feedback to our learners. Before you know it, you’ll be playing a crucial role in guiding your own caseload of learners towards the successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship; having a lasting impact on their future life and career.
Our Junior Learning Mentor roles are a great way for us to grow our own skilled assessment team. We will work with you through a robust training plan to teach you the skills, knowledge and behaviours our mentors need to be the best and during your first 6 months we will steadily increase your caseload potential. Whilst working at a junior level you have the opportunity to increase your earning potential to £23,000.00 PA plus completion and retention bonuses. Our Assessment career ladder is a great way for individuals to grow professionally, if you are an ambitious, passionate individual with strong communication and listening skills who has the ability to guide and motivate leaners then maybe this is the role for you?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To support Level 3 and Level 4 learners to achieve advanced apprenticeships through action planning of assessment plans, continuous feedback and support portfolio building throughout the apprenticeship
- Adhere to regular learner contact every 6 weeks completing a full robust review of learner progress using our SMART online classroom platform
- To deliver the Apprenticeship programmes to the agreed standard and maintain high quality standards at all times, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures
- To meet internally set deadlines for quality assurance checks
- Promote and demonstrate Baltic Values & People Behaviours at all times
- Mentor learners with Assessment plans, setting timely and realistic deadlines and monitor progress whilst offering good quality feedback allowing our learners to reach their full potential at the End Point Assessment stage.
- To manage the effective use of revision applications and methods to enable the learners to succeed
- To attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance or centre coordinator and keep him/her informed of learner’s progress
- To liaise with customers and contribute to the monitoring of Health and Safety of learners in the work place
- To maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant at all times
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy
- To comply with the companies Data Protection policy in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data
- To keep and maintain accurate records of assessment in accordance with service and awarding body requirements
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Hold GCSEs (or alternative qualifications) A-C in English, Math and IT
- Hold or have a willingness to achieve a Level 3 Learning Mentor qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An analytical individual, with an eye for and attention to detail
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the IT, Software or Digital sector
- Previous experience of Apprenticeships
- Degree or Apprenticeship qualified in a relevant discipline (IT, Digital, Education)
- Specific knowledge of IT, Software or Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships (sector, standards etc.)
- Good understanding of our company values and people behaviours
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
At Baltic Apprenticeships, we champion the alternative and are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, ancestry, belief, colour, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, neurodivergence, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. Whether you’re starting out in your career, switching to a new one, or bring years of sector-specific experience with you, you can become a changemaker and find your people at Baltic.Apply Now!