What will the apprentice be doing?
• Working in full PPE to strict H&S guidelines
• Handling of chemical reagents and maintaining COSHH records
• Operation, maintenance, and calibration of analytical laboratory equipment for the assessment of metal powders
• Working to, and developing, procedures in line with laboratory best practice as well as customer, quality accreditation, and legislative requirements
• Producing Certificates of Conformance from measured results
• Managing samples from steelmaking and powder processing, and sample archiving
• Aiding development of lab management systems to support ISO17025 approval
• Supporting the R&D team with operation and maintenance of additive manufacturing machines for the validation of metal powder.
• Managing independent research projects and supporting collaborative R&D projects
• General housekeeping and cleaning of laboratory and analytical equipment
• Additional per apprenticeship qualification job description
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Qualification in Laboratory Technician. The day release will be held at Middlesbrough College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a permanent laboratory technician within a growing business, with branches in more senior technical roles as desiredApply Now!