We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Lead Artist to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As a Lead Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll deliver immersive content and create the highest quality assets whilst leading and motivating a team of talented Artists.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our team safe. The wellbeing of our team is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen to ensure very member of our team feels safe and supported.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and visa sponsorship available with full relocation support package (see below benefits)
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the artistic team in the development of high-quality environments and assets Train, develop and mentor other members of the art team
- Participate in the scheduling of projects and maintain planning foresight
- Maintains effective information flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team members
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Maintain a close working relationship with your direct manager, producers, leads, and other teams to push project quality
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards
- Manage artists by providing 1 to 1’s and annual reviews
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive experience as an artist with multiple shipped titles displayed in a strong, relevant, digital portfolio
- Previous experience as a Senior or Lead Artist in the games industry
- Previous experience coaching artists on an individual basis
- Experience with: 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop or other 2D software
- Experience working in varied art styles
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX experience
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals
- Experience working in an Agile workflow
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!