We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As a Lead Environment Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll be leading the creation of a Major Important RTS IP, directing and implementing the environments within a set technical pipeline, whilst setting schedules, managing other artists and responsible for any required outsourcing within the project; directing, scheduling and implementation of environmental assets.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we can sponsor a visa/offer a full relocation package for this role (see below all benefits!).
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work directly with the Game Lead to keep quality and style consistent across all environments and art assets
- Provide direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Fully understand and work around existing art pipelines
- Lead the production of art assets required for the projects
- Able to manage, direct and implement any required outsourcing for the project
- Expertise with PBR, lighting, rendering, and material authoring
- Work with Production to prioritise work and maintain a clear and consistent schedule
- Review work for quality and carry out various supervisory responsibilities
- Proactive in finding answers and able to clearly communicate issues and direction to the team
- Capable of owning development of, and delivering, content while leading by example
- Upholds a sense of professional ownership, keeps a positive attitude, and ensures tasks are completed to quality
- Able to manage and mentor career development of 3D Artists at various skill levels
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Shipped at least one title as a Senior or Lead Environment Artist
- Experience in working with outsourcers
- Advanced understanding of 3D packages, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, and Zbrush
- Passion for 3D environment art, set dressing, lighting, and texturing
- Demonstrates excellent foundational skills, including composition, design, structure, silhouette, and colour theory
- Excellent understanding of the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and overall scope of the project
- Demonstrates an ability to work with detailed concept art or reference art materials
- Excellent leadership and mentoring abilities, as well as interpersonal skills
- Organised and practices good time management skills
- Finds creative solutions for technically challenging tasks
- Experienced in managing direct reports
- Experienced working in an Agile workflow
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!