Double Eleven are proud to be developers of Rust: Console Edition and as we continue to drive the development of this popular multiplayer survival game, we are looking for a Lead Programmer to join the team on this hugely successful project.
Fully remote working is an option for this role or if you prefer, you can set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough.
We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!). We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- Help develop technical design specifications
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
- Manage a team of programmers, including setting PDP Goals and 1-2-1’s
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 2+ years experience as a Lead Programmer in the games industry
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Excellent knowledge of C# and C++
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to motivate and coach a team of programmers
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS
- Knowledge and experience of UE4
- Strong maths skills
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- An appreciation of multiplayer games
- Experience working on Games as a Service / Live Ops.
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!