NHS North of England Care Systems Support (NECS) works across the UK to support health and social care customers in meeting their strategic and operational challenges, to improve outcomes and increase efficiency.
Current customers include local authorities, a range of healthcare providers in the NHS that make up STPs including emerging Integrated Care Systems (ICS), third and private sector organisations.
NECS combines specialist skills and expertise with scale and resilience to achieve required results. We combine core NHS values with a sharp focus on customer care and a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement. We very much see ourselves as a key partner in the future success of the healthcare system and we take our share of the responsibility for shaping effective delivery.
Main duties of the job
This role will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the health care needs of clients referred for continuing health care (CHC) eligibility are identified and met in accordance with the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care (FNC)
• Collating and undertaking comprehensive and co-ordinated assessments for decision making for NHS funded care with clients, carers and colleagues within health and social care and care plan and commission services to meet the needs of eligible clients
• Promoting Personal Health Budgets (PHBs) ensuring integration into continuing healthcare and that they are offered where requested to those clients who meet agreed criteria.
• Attending the panels where arranged to present own cases and provide clinical information
• Case managing CHC clients ensuring timely reviews are conducted to ensure health and nursing care needs are being met appropriately and to ascertain care packages continue to be effectively commissioned and are cost effective.
• Working with the continuing care team, ensuring that the reviews are carried out in a timely manner including any formal reviews that may need to be referred to the Continuing Care Manager
• Working with the CQC and local authorities to investigate any concerns about delivery of care in nursing homes and the community
We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds that can evidence how their qualifications, skills and experience will contribute to NECS’ values and strategic goals. Candidates are advised to use the supporting statement section of the application form to clearly outline how they meet the role requirements set out in the attached person specification.
What we offer
• Annual leave of between 27 to 33 days plus Bank Holidays
• Access to NHS pension scheme, with employer contributions of 20.6%
• Potential for flexibility between remote working and working in- office
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), lease car scheme, access to NHS discounts, personal development opportunities
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
NECS is committed to promoting an equal and inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity- a place where we can be ourselves, feel empowered and succeed on merit.
NECS has an ambition to ensure it is made up of people who reflect the diversity in our community. Together, we aim to provide an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the unique contributions our employees can bring. We encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.Apply Now!