Job Title: Learning Mentor
Line Manager: Programme Manager
DBS Check Required: Yes
Salary: Starting salary of £25,000 (DOE) + OTE
Who We Are
As a leading provider of apprenticeships within the IT, Tech and Digital sector we are here to make a difference to every learner and inspire them to succeed. It’s why we exist, it drives everything we do. As we continue our journey towards excellence, we have identified the need to recruit a Learning Mentor who will specialise in guiding our learners through our IT L3 and L4 apprenticeship programmes.
What’s the job?
Are you looking for your next teaching opportunity? Do you have the ability to successfully guide our learners throughout their programme? Are you able to motivate and positively influence our learners?
As a Learning Mentor, you will join our dedicated team of Learning Mentors who deliver and provide outstanding assessment guidance to our on-programme learners. By developing your knowledge and understanding of our apprenticeship programs, ways of working and learner journey. You will have the opportunity to achieve a Learning Mentor qualification to help you develop the knowledge and skills required to deliver excellent assessment guidance and provide constructive feedback to our learners. And from day one, you’ll be playing a crucial role in guiding your own caseload of learners towards successful and timely achievement of their apprenticeship; having a lasting impact on their future life and career.
Although a robust training plan will be provided, we are looking for an engaging, self-motivated, teaching professional who will be able to start supporting a caseload of learners from the get go. In return we offer a range of CPD and learning opportunities to help you develop into a digital expert. Our Assessment career ladder is a great way for individuals to grow professionally, if you are looking for a new teaching challenge and are a passionate individual with strong communication and listening skills then this is the role for you?
Role Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To provide a first class learning experience to help develop, encourage and motivate your learners to achieve their full potential both personally and professionally
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Learners, Employers and internal stakeholders
- To support Level 3 and Level 4 learners to build their portfolio of evidence in preparation for their end point assessment
- Able to manage a caseload of 40+ learners
- To deliver and assess the Apprenticeship programmes to the agreed standard and maintain high quality standards at all times, adhering to service and awarding body quality assurance procedures
- To be able to manage 121 sessions and small group sessions using our SMART online classroom
- Adhere to regular learner contact every 6 weeks completing a full review of learner progress
- To be able to effectively manage personal training plans to ensure our learners achieve timely
- Promote and demonstrate Baltic Values & People Behaviours at all times
- To attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance or centre coordinator and keep him/her informed of learner’s progress
- To maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is compliant at all times
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Hold relevant teaching qualification (PGCE, PCET, ATE)
- 3 years’ experience within a teaching setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability, as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- Proficiency with the use of IT systems and databases including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- An analytical individual, with an eye for and attention to detail
- Open, honest and transparent communicator
- Be able to confidently challenge learners and provide constructive feedback
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the IT, Software or Digital sector
- Previous experience of Apprenticeships
- Degree or Apprenticeship qualified in a relevant discipline (IT, Digital, Education)
- Specific knowledge of IT, Software or Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships (sector, standards etc.)
How To Apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, and you are ready to join our #ChangingFutures mission, complete and submit your application today using the buttons below.
At Baltic Apprenticeships, we champion the alternative and are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, ancestry, belief, colour, disability, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, neurodivergence, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. Whether you’re starting out in your career, switching to a new one, or bring years of sector-specific experience with you, you can become a changemaker and find your people at Baltic.Apply Now!