Lecturer BA (hons) Animation
The Northern School of Art, Higher Education Campus, Hartlepool
21 hours per week (Alternate part time options available)
FTE Salary £28,936 – £34,960 (based on increments)
The Northern School of Art has a 150-year heritage delivering high-quality education for the creative industries. The higher education campus, based in the vibrant North East, offers a true Art School community, delivering vocational, innovative, industry-relevant programmes, for undergraduate and postgraduate study. We are industry focussed, with a learning environment that fosters creativity and personal development.
We are seeking a dynamic Lecturer (Creative Practitioner) with a strong knowledge of animation and illustration to work on our programme BA (hons) Animation. The person we appoint will work in the Visual Art faculty, supporting the faculty to drive the direction and continued development of the programme.
We are committed to providing students with current industry skills and would like to recruit interested professionals directly from industry, although it would be desirable if you already have teaching experience in higher education. Within the role you be responsible for writing new briefs and delivering modules and technical workshops in animation to undergraduate students.
The successful new programme was launched in 2022 and works closely with our BA (Hons) Illustration for Commercial Application programme, housed in our dedicated design studios and our programme is proudly part of the Aardman Academy.
What will you get if you join us?
- The knowledge that you have a positive impact on the development of students and the choices they make in life;
- Support and guidance in making any difficult decisions to achieve the targets you have been set;
- Work for an institution that supports work life balance, and cares for the wellbeing of staff;
- Access to personal skills development to help you achieve your targets and your longer-term career goals
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Fund (with significant employer contributions); and
- Free car parking and access to other staff benefits.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 11th June 2023
To download the application pack please go to our website – https://northernart.ac.uk/careers/
All completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org