Venator, previously known as Huntsman Pigments and Additives, is excited to recruit a Records Assistant to join its growing team. Recently listed on the world renowned New York Stock Exchange, Venator makes decisions based on accurate, reliable and up-to-date information every day. Excellent records management enables Venator to conduct business effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidate will learn to build strong working relationships and deliver a range of Finance activities to support the wider global business whilst studying for their AAT Level 2.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide general financial support to finance staff whilst undertaking learning and development to progress with the AAT qualification over the term of the apprenticeship
- Work within the finance team supporting accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and processes
- Helping to maintain the integrity of information in the financial system
- Processing of supplier invoices and payments, handling and resolving queries that arise
- Processing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Liaising with others across the organisation to support order processing, goods receipting, authorisations, and appropriate controls within the Accounts Payable processes
- Processing journals and completing account reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns
- Assisting with the completion of month end tasks
- Assisting in the preparation of the year-end financial statements, and supporting financial audits
- Undertaking other regular and ad hoc accounting or administrative activities, as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
- On and Off the job training
- Level 2 Accountancy Technician Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.