Kelly’s chemist is part of Ingleby Healthcare Ltd, a private limited company that was incorporated in 2011. They are a friendly family run independent pharmacy supporting the local community, in Ingleby Barwick. Offering general pharmacy services including appliance dispensing, new medicine service, seasonal flu vaccination service (at risk groups). Prescription collection from local General Practices. Appointment booking for consultations not required, prescription delivery service, with a private consultation room. NHS Services: Supervised consumption of medicines, medication review service, Chlamydia screening and treatment (NHS), stop smoking service (NHS), needle and syringe exchange, condom supply and emergency contraception (NHS). Plus a stop smoking voucher service.
Working alongside our knowledgeable Pharmacists and teams. You will be instrumental in the efficient delivery of pharmacy processes, to ensure our customers are taken care of. This role maintains a high level of competence, to ensure the safe dispensing of medication to customers, as well as being the experts that our customers can rely on.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your main responsibilities will be ensuring the smooth running of the dispensary, dispensing medication effectively and safely, managing stock levels and be another expert for customers to talk to, providing healthcare advice and services at the counter. Assisting in the dispensing and supply of medicines and medicinal products
- Working within a team
- Communicating and following pharmacy law and ethics
- Providing a person centred care and following health & safety practises within the workplace
- Patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Assisting in processing NHS prescriptions
- Communicating with healthcare, medical staff regarding medication and prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
By the end of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the following qualifications:
- Pharmacy Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Medicine Counter Assistant Course accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council [GPhC]
- Dispensing Assistant Course accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council [GPhC]
- Functional Skills level 2 in maths and English if not already achieved grade 4 or C and above at GCSE Level
- Specialist pharmacy tutors deliver training one day per week on a weekly basis [via Teams]
- End point assessment is delivered by an independent end point assessment organisation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time permanent role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Health & Social Care (Grade Pass) Desired