Specsavers is a truly talented organisation and the world’s largest privately-owned optical group in the world. We have over 1,845 stores operating in over 10 countries, boasting over 37,000 colleagues worldwide. We are a revolutionary, dynamic, family run business, continuing to go from strength to strength and proud of it.
Our Apprenticeship scheme gives people of all ages the chance to boost their existing skillset and start an exciting new career as part of a forward-thinking business, all whilst earning a full-time wage. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about providing great customer service and would like to pursue a career in optics.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Optical Assistant apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Full-time, 5 out of 7 days
- Daily on the job training in store – no college to attend
- Training provider – Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.