Since 1978 Seymour Civil Engineering has developed a reputation for being one of the North East’s leading civil engineering contractors. This has been achieved through our continuous focus on developing close working relationships with all of our customers, helping to ensure project delivery to the highest standards.
In HR you will engage with a range of people and deal with challenging situations/issues as they arise. The role involves handling day to day queries, providing HR advice, working on a range of HR processes, using HR systems to keep records, providing relevant HR information to the business and working with the business on HR changes.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Supporting the HR Manager with day-to-day HR administrative activities:
- Sickness absence recording – maintaining records, flagging any areas of concerns, chasing up self-certification forms and ensuring all absence recorded on online platform
- User management on online platform – adding/removing leavers, updating holidays
- Maintaining headcount tracking sheet
- Probationary review reminders
- Recruitment support – interview set up
- Employee correspondence – drafting letters as required
- Supporting line managers with inductions for new starters
- Liaising with Payroll to ensure correct changes are made – starters/leavers/amends
- Note taking as required
- Familiarisation with company policies and procedures for advisory as and when required
- General office duties including scanning, filing etc.
- Any other duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- HR Support level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Delivered within the work place
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression routes within the HR Department available for the right candidate.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 4-9 (A*-C) or equivalent) Essential