We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Technology team in Europe, reporting directly to the IT Manager for European time zone. If you are looking for an engaging role with the opportunity to truly make a difference, please apply. The role is based in Middlesbrough, as part of our Global IT Services & Cyber Security team.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ordering of equipment and supplies – raise requisitions and code invoices
- Telecommunications administration – new numbers, transfers, cancellations
- Organising deliveries of equipment
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Support and maintenance of the telephony and video conference systems
- Assist the external IT Service Partner(s) in hardware and software problem resolution
- Assist in supporting and maintaining vessel applications
- Adhering to IT support procedures
- Advise users about help desk operational and support facilities and processes
- Identify problems which require additional expertise and take appropriate action including referring problems requiring high level support
- Maintain IT asset inventory
- Managing stock levels of required equipment
- Produce and maintain support documentation
- Assist in IT projects
- Keeping IT areas safe, tidy, and organised
- Any other duties required to assist in providing the best levels of service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As our IT Apprentice, we will support you through an apprenticeship scheme where you will gain recognised qualifications.
IT Solutions Technician (level 3).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Part of our Global IT Services & Cyber Security team. This team is responsible for providing IT support to employees and vessels operating worldwide. A lean and flat structure in a performance-driven culture gives you significant independence to impact your role and contribute to the performance of our team and our company.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2 or equivalent) Essential