Cornerstone Business Solutions are a multi award winning IT services business based in the North east of England. We pride ourselves on our levels of customer service and have brought back true service values to the industry. Cornerstone Business Solutions follow a tried and tested process designed to dovetail our services with our clients unique business needs.
This role will give you a great insight into cloud services, telephony, install/upgrade of operating systems & more. We are looking for someone to be a part of the team full time and at the end of the apprenticeship, you will gain a wealth of experience from the Cornerstone team.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare customer computers and computer related equipment ready to be taken onsite for installation
- Install and configure software applications
- Diagnose and repair customer computer’s, network equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary
- Assist with the upkeep of the IT inventory
- Maintain and update customer interaction on company CRM software
- Pro-actively implement the company’s policies and procedures
- Undertake any other relevant duties that may be reasonably requested by the company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship is part of QA’s drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Information Communications Technician Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you are working towards targets set by the business, there may be an offer of full-time employment or further studies for a level 4 qualification.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential