Dual Brown and Sons Limited are looking for a hardworking individual to join their team as an apprentice Engineering Technician. The successful candidate will secure a level 3 apprenticeship as an Engineering Technician.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Basic Engineering Machining using Manual and CNC Machines.
- Ability to read and understand drawings to manufacture components to tolerances on drawing.
- Ability to use micrometres/verniers etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician standard:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Day Release at Middlesbrough College
- On the job experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. Northern Skills will check candidates’ eligibility prior to any interviews. Please be aware that as Northern Skills provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.