At Cummins, we unleash the energy, vision and potential of our employees to power the world. Our people and products are truly across the globe and and here in the U.K. You’ll have the freedom to explore your passions so join us and see what is possible when you’re empowered to bring your best ideas and self to work every day.
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an excellent opportunity to start and grow your career in IT. Cummins is offering you a chance to join a team that is shaping the design of our Supply Chain IT applications, specifically in planning (forecasting, inventory and supply), warehousing and logistics, across Cummins for years to come. The role is global, meaning you will deliver solutions used across Cummins, and where you the candidate will be responsible for helping Corporate Supply Chain IT further transform our business processes and tools.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assists the business to define and document what constitutes business success for small to medium size initiatives
- Conducts requirements management activities, as necessary, ensuring that the impact of changes are well understood and approved by the appropriate stakeholders
- Conducts data analysis and profiling, identify opportunities of improvement, document findings and publish findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Elicits, analysis, and documents functional and non-functional business requirements
- Assists with or conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs
- Assists with or reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Assists with problem analysis as needed. Escalates issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate
- Develops positive working relationships with both the business and other IT functions
- A passion for Information Technology
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail Oriented with strong organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office suite – in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to work in a team environment, where the success of the team is paramount or work independently and take responsibility for your own goals
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of supply chain
- Basic understanding of SQL and ability to write simple select queries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the Level 4 Business Analyst apprenticeship standard, you’ll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to an industry recognised qualification and your dedicated industry coach will support you through a blended approach that will include remote, in person, 1-2-1 and group learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ongoing professional development and access to opportunities within Cummins.
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Business, Computer Science or numerical subjects (Grade A – C) Essential