We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Level Designer to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK) on a real-time strategy title with a major partner.
As a Level Designer at Double Eleven, you’ll take part in devising and building the narrative, locations, missions, experiences, and encounters that will capture our players’ imaginations, test their skills and surprise and delight them in unexpected ways.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
WOULD YOU ENJOY…?
- Helping to create very successful games
- Being part of amazing teams working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams across the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Learn and master an internal Toolset.
- Working from a brief, take part in ideation and design discussions where you and the other Designers devise concepts for new player experiences.
- Own the creation, implementation and balancing of those player experiences.
- Work closely with other team members to convey your ideas concisely and champion a high level of quality and player experience throughout.
- Take a proactive approach to foresee problems and provide design solutions that are mindful of a project’s scope and timescales.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working as a Technical Game or Generalist Game Designer on at least one title that has shipped commercially, on console or PC.
- Experience with basic data handling/concepts & an understanding of scripting with languages such as Lua. An overall analytical approach to design.
- The ability to use software tools to implement everything from levels to tuning fixes and to script action.
- A high level of general language skills, and the ability to create design documentation, diagrams, spreadsheets or flow charts that communicate your ideas clearly and concisely.
- A broad knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS
- A good knowledge of Real-Time Strategy games.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or logical system flows.
- A love for research – thorough and varied.
- Experience in prototyping / rapid concept iteration.
- Some familiarity with task management tools such as JIRA, Hansoft, etc
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!