Darlington is a diverse, progressive town at the heart of the Governments ‘Levelling Up’ agenda and we are looking to appoint a Licensing Enforcement Officer.
Licensing is an extremely important part of community safety and as a Licensing Enforcement Officer you will be involved in a wide range of licensing activities relating to people, premises and vehicles.
We are looking for a confident, positive thinking person with a ‘can do’ attitude and a flexible approach to work. The post requires an average of up to 24 hours each month out of office working during the evenings and at weekends, and those hours will form part of a 37 hour week.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months enforcement experience, be an effective communicator and have a working knowledge of licensing legislation (particularly taxi, animal welfare and premises licensing), preferably in a local government setting.
This is a full time and permanent post that offers a wide range of benefits such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme (if applicable)
• Access to a wide range of training, learning and development
• Access to free physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• First class health and wellbeing initiatives
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification in the vacancy information document.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Colin Dobson, Licensing Manager on 01325 405988.