What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be part of the maintenance team. The maintenance team maintain the safe running of the plant and ensure effective operation of the plant and equipment.
You will work on various types of equipment for example, pumps, valves, gearboxes, pipework etc and be able to position, assemble, install and dismantle.
You will be involved in planned and unplanned preventative maintenance on the plant to ensure efficiencies.
Be involved as part of the maintenance team to replace and repair the mechanical aspects of the plant to ensure it remains operational.
Diagnose and determine faults of the plant and associated equipment.
• Understand the plant and equipment and the relevant health, safety and environmental regulations relating to the industry.
• Work in-line with company policies, procedures, and practices.
• Apply the technical theoretical knowledge gained at college in a practical role and perform safe maintenance activities.
• Locate and rectify faults.
• Good communication skills and be able to provide information as requested.
• Have the ability to read, understand and interpret information provided and work in compliance with the technical specification and procedures in place at Ensus.
• Have good housekeeping skills and prepare and maintain your work area to a high standard.
• Be able to problem solve, inspect and maintain the plant and equipment to meet operational demands
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Day release at Middlesbrough College
On and off-the-job training
Level 3 Maintenance and operation technician apprenticeship- Mechanical
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.Apply Now!