About the employer
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice mortgage adviser working in the financial services sector, you will be working towards gaining the CeMAP qualification to be a fully competent mortgage adviser. Whilst you are gaining this qualification you will be working in a broker support role to help the brokers within the company to look after their clients and ensure mortgages and insurances are progressed to completion as efficiently as possible with the highest level of service.
Bede Financial Group have a Yorkshire Building Society agency in-house. You will be expected to assist in the day-to-day running of this. Full training will be given.
The role will include the following duties:
- Chasing lenders and solicitors to ensure mortgages are progressed to completion as efficiently as possible
- Helping with the day to day running of the office
- Data input
- Liaising with clients, lenders & solicitors
- Assisting with the submission of both mortgage and insurance applications
- Communication with colleagues
- Keeping your knowledge up to date with changes in the financial services market
- Dealing with the Building Society Agency customers transactions, and general queries
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the business
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Financial Services Mortgage Adviser apprenticeship standard.
The Mortgage Adviser apprenticeship is perfect for learners new to the world of mortgage advice looking to develop the knowledge and skills required to work within this specialised role, as well as obtaining a regulatory qualification.
Through job-based training and study towards a highly respected benchmark qualification, the apprentice will become a competent and confident mortgage adviser.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- A broad understanding of the financial services sector
- An understanding of the role of the appropriate regulatory bodies
- The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
- How to develop commercial awareness
- Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP1,2,3) – awarded by The London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF)
The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role.
To help prepare the apprentice for the CeMAP qualification, Apprentices are provided with Simply Academy’s CeMAP resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by a series of live revision sessions with our CeMAP tutors.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship offers a route for a career in the mortgage advice sector or for potential progression into other Financial Services roles.