We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Network Programmer to join our thriving team. Are you highly task-oriented with high standards of quality and accuracy? Working with structure, you’ll have the creative freedom to work in white space.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit some examples of their code, preferably via a Github link.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work with every discipline to make sure our games perform great on and offline
- Define and develop robust networking code that leads the field
- Delight players with fantastic online performance
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of development trends in games that means you can skate to where the puck is going to be
- Professional experience developing in C/C++
- Great team working and communication skills
- Experience of developing and shipping a game which has online components
- Knowledge of low-level network APIs
- Knowledge of TCP/UDP Sockets, Websockets, WebRTC and Concurrency
- Knowledge of various secure encryption techniques i.e. OpenSSL
- Experience of the platform specific services and APIs on Xbox Live, PSN and Switch
- Knowledge and implementation of anti-cheat techniques
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS
- Solid foundation in mathematics
- Computer Science degree
- Knowledge of Unity and / or UE4
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!