Brief overview of the role
Tilly Bailey & Irvine – The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support within the New Business Team. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. A Levels are required to apply.
Main duties and requirements
- Administer both manual and electronic filing daily.
- Welcome call to the client to confirm instructions in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- Collect payment from the clients for searches and associated paperwork.
- Order searches.
- Attend clients, primarily on the telephone and contact clients to chase return of initial paperwork.
- Open files on Case Management systems.
- Update reports/Smartsheet/Intelliworks.
- Undertake any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and the Firm’s clients’ information and documentation.
- To contribute as a team member and provide sickness and other absence cover for other members of the department when required.
- To contribute as a team member in the continual review of efficiencies within the department.
- Provide quotes for both Residential and New build.
Tasks specific to Sequence work
- Accept New Instructions, prepare pack.
- Update and correct client information on TM.
- Run Active and in Abeyance reports for branches.
- Chase branches for missing documents, client ID, power of attorney, grant of probate, MOS etc.
- Verify Client ID on TM and Intelliworks.
- Check and arrange payment of Sequence Invoice.
- Provide fee earners with chancel and chase late return of chancel document.
- Provide fee earners with client questionnaire on completion of matter.
- Run report of new MOS uploaded by branches.
- Run red and amber active report.
- Update pipeline with newly active matters.
- Compare pipeline with TM for anomalies and correct before sending to Sequence.
Any other duties
This job description is not restrictive in any way and should be regarded only as a guideline to the duties required and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post holder.
- 37.50 hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and to deadlines; this may involve some flexibility in working hours and occasional overtime where deadlines need to be met.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative within guidelines as set by the Partners and fee earners.
- Self-motivation: energy; positivity; can-do attitude.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Proactive; willing to use initiative.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- A Level qualifications
Possibility for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Paralegal
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required