The MGL Group of Companies operate throughout the UK in a wide range of business sectors and provide a comprehensive range of services within the Construction Industry.
We are a proud family-owned business, based in the North-East which celebrated 50 years of trading in 2021. Family values continue to drive the longevity of our group of companies, we are focussed on working hard as a team to deliver a fantastic service and create a great place for everyone to work. Every member of our Team is valued for the part they play in the company’s overall success.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for experienced Plant Operators, in particular 360 Excavator Operators to join our Team.
About the Role
As part of your role you will assist in the day-to-day safe operation of plant equipment on any construction site. You will be involved in a variety of tasks that demand a high level of skill. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of plant equipment.
All employees are expected to understand their responsibilities and carry out their roles in line with the Company Management System, i.e. Compliance with our policies, procedures, processes and tools. In addition to enabling successful project delivery, this ensures that roles are carried out in line with our ISO and other accreditations, against which you may be periodically audited.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
The key activity for which you will be responsible is; the operation of the 360 Excavator above and below 10T. You may also be responsible for other plant equipment should you hold relevant tickets which are necessary to complete job requirements.
A vital responsibility of the role is carrying out routine maintenance and identifying maintenance needs and operating errors on whichever pieces of equipment you are operating.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of machines
- Carrying out routine maintenance checks and identifying maintenance needs and operating errors on plant equipment
- Correctly use and record any defects making sure you report this to specialist maintenance staff
- Changing attachments such as buckets and shovels
- Adhere to health and safety legislation at all times; taking responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work
- Ensure you are trained and competent in the piece plant you are working on
- Co-operate and co-ordinate work with others on site
- Good level of general fitness
- The ability to follow strict safety rules
- The ability to work to a strict timetables
- An aptitude for working with your hands, and with tools
- A willingness to work in sometimes dirty and safety critical conditions
- A willingness to work outdoors and in all conditions
- Solid teamworking skills
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Enthusiastic with a good work ethic
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience undertaking the role being applied for
- CPCS 360 Excavator – Above and Below 10T – Essential
- NVQ Level 2 – Plant Operations
- Time Served – Preferable
- Multiskilled – CPCS Qualifications at an advantage
- Full, clean Driving licence advantageous