It’s time we step up our game and we need your help to do it.
As our PR & Communications Manager, you’ll have the autonomy to implement written, visual, and live communications narrating the story of Double Eleven (the team behind titles such as Minecraft Dungeons, Fallout 76, Rust: Console Edition and more!)
The Sunday Times recently listed us 35th in the 100 Fastest Growing UK Businesses list for 2022 and the fastest growing in the North East.
We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
As PR & Communications Manager at Double Eleven, you’ll help us to communicate all that’s great about our rapidly growing studio both internally and externally. You’ll be primarily responsible for maintaining and improving the public image of the organisation. You will manage external and internal communications, develop and support brand strategies, oversee communications with the public, our partners and wider industry stakeholders. Managing our social media and content generation activities, you will seek and apply data analysis to our performance and translate that into improvements to future campaigns.
This role may be based at our HQ studio in Middlesbrough (UK) or remotely within the UK with regular travel to the studio required.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio of work to support their application (in any format of your choosing). We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Representing the public image of our company, acting as an ambassador of our mission, culture and values
- Setting the foundations for a successful communications strategy for a truly people first organisation
- Project managing communication campaigns, analyse and share results as well as recommend changes based on performance
- Applying your natural abilities to learn, think critically and creatively, to deliver purposeful and engaging communications
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Developing and implementing a communication strategy that is crafted and guided by Double Eleven’s values and approach
- Working with stakeholders in both development and in the broader business to plan communications and promotional activity for the year
- Developing our Employee Value Proposition
- Creating content and liaising with external suppliers when it can’t be done in house
- Planning, developing and executing campaigns on time and to the agreed budget
- Reporting back on the performance of campaigns against expected outcomes
- Partnering with media groups, event managers and other partners to promote brand awareness
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to write, plan and schedule communications via our social media channels
- Developing bespoke communication strategies to support specific projects and areas of the business with their communication requirements and liaising with external suppliers
- Leading on coordinating the writing/editing on behalf of the leadership team (for example, talking points, announcements, key messages, decks/slides)
- Managing company brand guidelines relating to information delivery such as documentation templates, house writing style, usability, and accessibility standards
- Collecting, analysing, and reporting relevant data related to our communication and brand
- Developing content for a variety of internal channels to help keep the everyone informed and engaged
- Owning and leading the relationships with partner organisations that support the communication strategy
- Attending in person and online events as Double Eleven’s ambassador
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who can engage, speak to and approve content for our fan base, our staff, stakeholders and partners
- Excellent project management skills alongside an ability to communicate with lots of different level stakeholders to get the job done
- Someone who can coordinate the creation of high quality content and liaise with subject matter experts and stakeholders to share a good story
- A specialist in marketing and/or communications, being responsible with budgets over £100,000
- A keen interest in games and interactive entertainment
- Experience running campaigns and reporting on performance
- Experience running online and in person events
- Ability to make connections quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Highly organised with a high say/do ratio
All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary which is regularly benchmarked against the market as well as an annual pay review as part of an appraisal
- Flexible start time (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- 29 days of annual leave (20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + your birthday)
- A minimum of 8 days discretionary annual leave during the December holiday break (this is dependant on where the Christmas and New Year day fall each year)
- 1 day off if your moving house
- 4 additional days annual leave for 5 years service and a further 4 days annual leave added for your epic 10 years service milestone
- Personal development plan designed in conjunction with you, your manager and our Training & Development Manager. Plus clear progression framework
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and your family (upon the successful completion of a probationary period)
- Potential for annual performance bonuses and end of year bonuses
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making to allow you thrive
- State of the art office facilities i.e. VR setup, games room, book library, high spec kitchen area and more
- Free juice, hot drinks, fruit and monthly free team lunches
- Cycle scheme
- Employee referral bonus (up to £2000!)
- UK relocation package which includes financial compensation and one to one support finding accommodation / schools etc
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Many free parties celebrating game launches, winter break and summer
- In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
- Free game codes, game swag and merchandise
- Free on site parking
- Team charity events
- Sponsored studio activities such as Football, Game Jams and any new suggestions are always considered
- Activities and events organised throughout the year based on employee choices
- Maternity, paternity, shared parental, adoption and dependent leave available
- Christmas Saving Scheme
- Rewards and discounts available from Vitality health scheme Pension match contribution
- Excellent employee rating on Glassdoor
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that diverse developers make better games.
We believe that we’re stronger as a team, and encourage an inclusive, secure and collaborative workforce.
We believe that levelling the playing field creates a safe, accessible and open environment for a wide range of people from a wide range of backgrounds.
We believe that education and communication are the foundation of creating this environment.
We encourage and welcome applications from all walks of life and our studios are fully accessible.
Through integrity, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
WHAT WE DO
Since we first opened our doors over 11 years ago, we’ve grown to over 300 people across 2 studios in the UK and Malaysia, continuing to put our people first as we move forward into a range of original and established IP. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the best developers and publishers in the world and we’re proud to be embarking on this journey with a diverse group of people, working on projects we enjoy but that also challenge us and push us out of our comfort zones to better ourselves.
We value our people and we value their time, striving for a work-life balance and offering a whole host of benefits to those who work for us. Our learning journey is never over, we invest in our people and offer regular training and development on both a company and individual level.
WAYS TO REACH US
If you have a general query or if you need support with your application and/or an alternative way to apply, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team at email@example.comApply Now!