This client is a provider of bespoke transport services for the shipment of bulk liquid products on a global basis. They are looking for a Procurement Analyst to join their team. Your role will be to contribute to the companies success by securing competitive prices from the supplier base and ensuring the system reflects any agreements made. You will also assist and provide support for Supplier Relationship Management methodology.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for one’s own, co-worker’s and stakeholder’s health and safety
- Work with internal sales, commercial and operations teams to assist with sourcing of new rates. Benchmark, and if necessary, challenge rates to secure best pricing for the business. Investigate and provide options for alternative routings
- Use established supplier KPI’s to analyse existing volumes and identify opportunities to push suppliers for price reductions. Highlight key successes to Procurement Team Leader
- Ensure any Intermodal supplier agreement is updated in the ERP system, attached document proof required for every rate including all ancillaries
- Support Procurement Team Leader to roll out the SRM methodology across all regions and modes of transport. Assist with review preparation and analysis
- Ensure timely contribution towards the Sales & Procurement Development programme.
- Good organisation skills with attention to detail
- Tank container / Chemical industry experience (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience with MS Office packages
- Effective communicator
- Ability to manage own time and execute tasks in a prioritised structure
- Excellent team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Modern workplace
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and development plans