We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our client based in Teesside for a long-term position, offering flexible working along with an attractive salary and benefits.
The successful candidate will ensure security of supply in their category through targeted application of procurement methods covering a diverse range of technical goods and services.
- Attention to environment, health, safety and security (EHSS), from first engagement with suppliers to audits and ongoing supplier performance management
- Compliance with GPS policy, process, procedure and the Master Authority Schedule
- Active engagement with key stakeholders to understand their vision and targets
- Optimize overall total cost of ownership and recognise savings in the procurement portfolio and vendor base with reference to trends, benchmarking, analysis and negotiations
- Develop, socialise, gain approval for and maintain sourcing and contracting plans and strategies for subcategories and projects
- Execute the plans and strategies to meet overall cost, performance and schedule targets
- Prepare tender, award and contract documents
- Analysis of internal and external data and tender submissions
- Leading negotiations with suppliers for contract awards, revisions and claims
- Preferably a degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Operations Management
- Experience in procurement or supply chain management within a petrochemicals or industrial environment
- Professional and commercial knowledge and excellent business expertise
- Able to work independently to plan and complete tasks to the highest standards
- Excellent negotiator to prepare negotiating strategies and able to respond to counter-offers
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are looking for a new challenge, please submit your CV for this Procurement Specialist position.Apply Now!