Deco Manufacturing – Working under the direction and guidance of the production manager, you will support the production of cooker hoods whilst working towards a Level 2 in Lean Manufacturing Operative. This will help you achieve the skills and experience to become fully operational.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Specific objectives will be agreed as part of your development and performance review. Below is a summary of your main duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out relevant duties on planned work as requested to a high standard
- To work in accordance with information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently
- Complete timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your manager
- Use only authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Work flexibly across the business
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues to ensure the effectiveness of the workload
- Manufacturing activities on multiple products in relation to the creation and maintenance of cooker hoods with different specifications
- Follow health and safety policy and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
34.50 Hours, Monday – Thursday, 09:00 – 17:00, with a 30-minute lunch break and Friday, 09:00 – 13:30.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Number skills, Team working, Ability to follow instructions, Supportive, Time management, Practical skills, Work on own initiative, Conscientious, Polite, A strong “can-do” attitude
Things to consider
The training provider is Stockton Riverside College.
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable