Electricity North West Construction and Maintenance provide control, operation and maintenance agreements for over 900 of the regions private network owners. Our specialist teams also provide design, installation and commissioning services for high voltage supplies and private networks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Electricity North West Construction & Maintenance Team.
We’re looking for a Project Manager with a proven background of delivering substation construction, high voltage and low voltage equipment installation projects delivering as per the company’s safety rules, safe working procedures and specifications, to join our service delivery team based predominantly in Teeside.
As the Project Manager you will provide a first class service and delivers against the department plan. You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high voltage and low voltage electrical maintenance and construction projects on private and distribution networks, in accordance with HSE legislation and our own safe working practices.
You will have a sound working knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts, customer relationships and electrical safety ensuring that all our craftspeople, operational staff and sub-contractors have the correct skills, competencies and authorisations to carry out allocated work safely.
Ultimately you will ensure all work is carried out in accordance with health, safety and environment legislation, customer contract obligations, manage sub-contractor commercial terms whilst at all times providing an excellent service to our Customers.
You’ll be responsible for managing our Customer in terms of communication, relationship, variations, progress reporting and technical advice ensuring our Customer is delighted in everything we do. You will take ownership of and proactively seek resolution of all issues associated with work on the Customer’s distribution network including optioneering, discussions and negotiations with the Customer.
Key focus areas in your role will be:
- Project Management
- Safety / Risk
You should apply if you:
- Have significant engineering experience in the electricity distribution industry, with knowledge of HV electrical systems, components, plant and equipment and protection (essential);
- Are commercially aware with experience in controlling costs and contract variations;
- Have proven experience in controlling commercial contract variations and project costs;
- Project management experience;
- Hold a minimum of an HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering (desirable);
- Hold a SMSTS CITB safety qualification (essential);
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential);
- Have experience of managing and developing delivery teams;
- Have previous experience in the management of sub-contractors performance and charges;
- Have knowledge and an appreciation of HV construction procedures.
What are we offering
The opportunity to work for a dynamic organisation. Salary upto £60,000 depending on authorisation and experience, bonus earning potential, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of a defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14% and a range of flexible benefits