Hiring a permanent Protection & Control Engineer (P&C) to work in a growing Engineering Business Unit for our client based in Stockton-on-Tees.
This full-time role can be office/home based but will require UK travel involving site surveys at onshore substations around the UK.
- Within the transmission & distribution and renewable sectors, overseeing and delivering high-quality detailed protection design and engineering projects
- Producing full design deliverables and documentation for grid connection projects between 33kV to 400kV projects required for electrical protection equipment between 33kV and 400kV
- Liaising with clients and all parties involved with achieving project objectives
- Working alongside the Lead Electrical Engineer highlighting team issues and implementing continual improvement processes and assist in working with DNO/DSOs
- Mentoring and supervising graduate engineers and planning and supervising the engineering team ensuring P&C deliverable quality, troubleshooting and technical solutions, and regulatory compliance
- Understanding UK, European and international standards, legislation, regulations, and codes of practice and developing a thorough knowledge of and compliance with company procedures
With strong interpersonal skills, technical competence, attention to detail and report writing ability, you will also:
- Have a 2:1 degree in Electrical Engineering or similar and be working towards Chartered Engineer status, with significant industry experience in an Electrical Engineer role including power engineering and design of transmission and distribution protection and control systems
- Be experienced working with HS&E procedures including production of designer risk
- Have proven ability to demonstrate rationale behind your design protection system proposals
Please get in touch for a comprehensive job description/further detail or submit your CV to be considered for the role of Protection & Control Engineer.Apply Now!