We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a QA Lead to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As a QA Lead at Double Eleven, you’ll be planning QA deliverables and ensure coverage for all testing requests from all areas of development.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Define the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
- Provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for QA testers
- Assist with the recruitment of additional QA testers
- Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project
- Stay up-to-date with planned changes and updates from the Development team
- Develop and maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game
- Develop, optimise, and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires
- Propose, develop, optimise, and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency and quality of the project
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing
- Autonomously determine the prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed
- Generate and present testing strategies in advance of upcoming work for the assigned area(s), and participate in the enactment of those strategies
- Raise project issues and risks that you observe to the relevant parties and participate in mitigation of those risks with a view to avoiding recurring issues
- Establish and maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project
- Support the Development, Production, and Publishing teams with specific requests
- Be an advocate for working best practices, maintaining high standards, and setting an example to the rest of the QA team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable experience within the video games industry
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve and use initiative
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and coordinate tasks amongst the team
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to take on and work with given feedback
- Demonstrable ability to remain resilient and adaptable in changing environments
- Demonstrable ability to manage own workload autonomously
- Solid technical knowledge of video games industry processes and terms
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of test/build automation processes
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors
- Knowledge of software debugging methods Understanding of JIRA or similar bug tracking and project management software
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!