We are looking for an experienced Release Manager with a proven track record of success to transform our release management lifecycle across all Platform and Customer Onboarding teams.
In this new, exciting and highly collaborative role, you will be accountable for the daily operational management of releases and changes, the move to and ongoing management of a continuous delivery/standardised change as well as continuous improvement of the processes. Working collaboratively with and supporting engineering teams, across all stages of the software release process, to ensure that new code is fully tested and robust, whilst also ensuring that appropriate bug fixes have automated tests and reporting.
You act as an advocate for the high-quality, efficient and forward-thinking approach to code release across the Platform and Onboarding teams. Building and developing a service that puts quality, reliability and continuity at the heart of Visual soft’s software development activities.
The location of the role is flexible, however, you must be willing to travel to our Stockton-on-Tees office on occasion for on-site team meetings and workshops.
in What you’ll be doing
– Create and maintain the release policy, process and documentation and ensure all stakeholders adhere to the terms of policy and key processes
– Define and champion the release requirements for each stage of the code deployment process, ensuring appropriate quality gates are in place and completed by stakeholders
– Hold regular Test Plan and Transition into Support meetings
– Produce detailed release notes, translating technical terms into non-technical where required
– Create, maintain and develop an effective Release Schedule to effectively coordinate and prioritise releases
– Ensure release tracking systems are updated and accurately reflect the current stage each project is within the release process
– Conduct Release Readiness and ‘Go/No Go’ reviews
– Carry out Post deployment monitoring, analysing logs and ensure all issues have been addressed and either remedied or accounted for
– Support engineering teams and wider stakeholders in relation to creating and reviewing deployment strategies
– Work with Engineering teams and Engineering Managers to promote effective and efficient use of branching
– Schedule and allocate resources and environments to support releases
– Champion release management best practices and provide guidance when required.
What we’d like to see
– Proven experience in release management, ideally within SaaS or eCommerce
– Experience using GitHub and code management processes
– Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
– Proven experience in writing clear and concise documentation and notes
– Experience in working with delivery squads, ideally using an Agile approach
– Experience in managing multiple projects through to completion
– Proven track record of working with senior stakeholders and engineering teams
– Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objective priorities and resource availability
– A sound knowledge of the ITIL framework, best practices and software development lifecycles
– An understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
– An understanding of testing principles, performance benchmarking and analysis approaches
– Exceptional planning skills with the ability to forward think and adapt to an environment where priorities are changeable
– Confident communicating your ideas to others and receiving, understanding, and incorporating comments from others
– Strong workload management and prioritisation skills
– Practical and logical and able to solve problems quickly
– Fanatical attention to detail
– An investigative and analytical mindset
– An advocate for test driven development for all new code deployment
– Ideally, you will have formal training in project management practices i.e. Agile or Prince 2 or relevant experience