Hiring a Responsible Instrument Engineer to join the engineering team at our client’s site in Greatham. You will have significant experience in Instrument Engineering leadership roles with upper Tier COMAH assets within high hazard chemical and manufacturing environments.
You will be responsible for ensuring all instrument assets are commissioned, designed, inspected, tested and installed in compliance with UK and company legislation and best practice. Your chartered engineering status, degree qualifications and extensive experience of instrumentation design, full life cycle management, principles, and philosophies along with solid understanding of function safety and experience with IEC 61508 and 61511 standards, will ensure leadership and conflict resolution skills necessary for the role.
In return for an attractive company benefits package and excellent career progression opportunity in this permanent*, full time 38 hours per week role, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the improvement, capital expenditure and site engineering strategy plans
- Approving modifications and repairs of EHS critical equipment
- Development and leadership of excellence in instrument and automation engineering in line with site strategy and regulatory compliance
- Managing and appointing external companies and specialists, ensuring a professional engineering service to support operations
- PSM and COMAH compliance
- Inspecting, maintaining and arranging repair of assets
- Technical interface with the Competent Authority and specialist external engineering suppliers
*Temporary options may be considered.
If you have the appropriate experience to be Responsible Instrument Engineer, please submit your CV.Apply Now!