The role involves providing specialist support and advice to student applicants and current students which includes:
- Being the lead Sexual Violence Liaison officer and taking the lead on running the sexual violence support service, including supervising staff volunteers. The postholder is required to have relevant training and/or experience in sexual violence.
- To provide support and advice to students in the area of student welfare, which may include sexual violence, domestic violence, homelessness, stalking, bullying and harassment etc.
- To manage a caseload of students and co-ordinate their support
- Liaise and build relationships with appropriate external services to ensure student needs are met.
- To assess student need and decide on appropriate intervention, including assessing and managing risk.
- Lead on and contribute towards a range of projects and campaigns in the area of student welfare.
- Create and deliver training packages aimed at staff and students in the areas of sexual violence and other areas of welfare.
The post will also require deputising for the Head of Welfare as and when required.
The role is a student facing, on-campus role, however there are opportunities for hybrid working on occasion.Apply Now!