We are seeking a Senior Buyer for our client in Billingham. Leading multi-discipline sourcing teams, you will develop and implement procurement strategies and manage all aspect of procurement for engineering term contracts and services.
This temporary opportunity is for a minimum of 6 months Monday to Friday for 38 hours per week.
- Establishing and maintaining supplier relationships as single point of contact
- Leading sourcing teams completing due diligence when appointing new engineering services
- Meeting company legal requirements whilst negotiating commercial contracts, evaluating bids and formulating enquiries
- Advising and providing cost effective and risk managed appropriate procurement contracts
- Resolving contract related issues and managing all correspondence and documentation
- During execution phase of contracts, provide commercial management support to users
- Driving contract improvements by developing KPI
- Delivering training on enquiry generation, contract forms and scope of work raising commercial awareness across site
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge on critical suppliers by monitoring supplier media intelligence
Qualifications and experience:
- Either degree in supply chain, logistics, manufacturing or engineering (HNC, HND, degree or similar, or equivalent engineering buying experience within a chemical or manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in SAP and Excel
- Strong negotiation and supplier performance management skills
- Procurement experience across multiple spend categories such as Opex, Capex and engineering services, with a good understanding about construction and multi-discipline contracts
If you have the relevant experience and skills please send your CV to be considered for the role of Senior Buyer.Apply Now!