To provide financial management on a variety of projects specific to the Water Industry. Ensuring that the measurement, valuation and cash flow on assigned projects are managed effectively.
- A thorough understanding of the Projects to drive Cost Control / Value Engineering
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to maximise the income from the works
- The timely and accurate measurement and valuation of the works; including ensuring other members of the team comply
- Timely and accurate evaluation of variations and monitoring of the same
- The recording of information relating to the works
- Accurate production of internal valuations, sub-contract liabilities and cost value reconciliations in line with the Commercial reporting timetable
- Production of project financial forecasts and reports
- Subcontractor procurement and management – approval of subcontract orders and payments produced by other members of staff
- Valuation, certification and/or approval of payments to Sub Contractors
- Ability to prevent and/or resolve disagreements with suppliers and the client
- Delay identification/notification
- Aid and mentor the Quantity Surveying team in achieving company objectives.
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years’ experience and a proven track record in the commercial environment
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Competent in Civil Engineering construction processes and procedures
- A comprehensive understanding of the Water Industry, including
- Water Treatment Processes (both Potable & Wastewater)
- Water storage & conveyance
- ICA & SCADA
- Environmental impact & implications
- Flood prevention
- Proven experience of working within different contract frameworks.
- Experience of working:
- on Frameworks within the relevant sector or as specific to project
- with NEC Target Costs Contracts
- on Design & Construct Schemes
- on Water Industry schemes
- Experience of Microsoft and office IT packages
- Experience in use of extranet and electronic project management systems
- A good understanding of project planning
- Comprehensive contracting and commercial skills
- Encourage and supports other colleagues
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands
- Analyses own performance and takes steps to improve this
- Communicates clearly and appropriately
- Works productively in high pressure environments
- Assists others, providing direction and support to them, to carry out their work
- Excellent written skills
- Consistently makes decisions which bring benefits to the business
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Valid UK driving licence