Student Finance Officer – contact centre
Salary: £20,790 per annum
Closing Date: ongoing recruitment
Is it time you unlocked your potential?
Student Loans Company is a non-profit making Government-owned organisation to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK. Since 1989, we have enabled our customers to invest in their futures by delivering secure, accurate and efficient assessment, payment and repayment services.
Our Student Finance Offices are responsible for assisting our customers in their journey by resolving their requests and case manage their applications whilst learning new skills as your career progresses within SLC. This will include assessing and processing student finance applications to establish our customers’ eligibility and entitlement to financial support across a wide range of SLC products. This will be done whilst providing excellent customer service by answering customer queries through our various channels including inbound and outbound calls, email, webchat and letter. The position will commence within the Contact Centre and your development path will depend on our customer service demand meaning you may work within other areas as and when required
SLC offer a Blend working model which will typically be 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
What you bring:
- Experience in working in a customer-focussed role, preferably within a high-volume contact centre or processing environment.
• A minimum of grade C GCSE English and Maths (or Standard grade) or equivalent level qualification.
• Excellent IT skills, with significant experience working with MS Office, email and multiple software platforms.
• A passion for customer service with the ability to understand customers’ needs and a desire to deliver high standards.
• The ability to use your own initiative whilst working within defined guidelines and adapt to changing working environments, in a positive manner.
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively through a variety of channels including telephone, email, and letter.
• A commitment to continue your own learning and development whilst maintaining the key knowledge and skills required for your role.
You can expect more from a career with SLC. We support colleagues to unlock their potential through our Career Pathways development programme and offer an excellent benefit and rewards package that includes:
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- Option to buy/sell annual leave
- Flexi-time and flexible working options available
- Option to join the Civil Service pension scheme
- Life insurance cover for 4 x annual salary
- Enhanced company sick pay and family leave including maternity, paternity and adoption
- Contributory lifestyle benefit options including discounts at hundreds of retailers, cycle to work scheme, access to the Civil Service Sports and Leisure Club for discounted gym memberships, and an optional dental insurance scheme