Host & Stay – The System Administrator is part of an enthusiastic team working in a fast-paced environment helping manage properties across the Northeast of England. You will ensure that the software and hardware that we use daily is well-run and up-to-date, solve problems under pressure and quickly diagnose what is wrong and how best to fix it.
What will the apprentice be doing?
As the System Administrator, you will monitor the system on a day-to-day basis, updating the system when necessary and training other employees on how to use the system properly. You will manage user accounts, access rights, permissions and storage allocations, providing technical support and resolving any software and hardware problems related to storage devices and servers.
This will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Answer the telephone promptly, dealing with enquiries in a helpful, courteous and welcoming manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate a competent understanding of IT systems.
- Ensuring that all technology systems are working correctly, and support in the set up of new systems and integrations.
- Support in troubleshooting and resolving issues with the systems and integrations.
- Develop an understanding of our Revenue Management strategy.
- Updating of Systems to ensure the accuracy of information and data.
- Working with our Owner Relations team to ensure owners are kept well informed of our price strategies and optimization.
- Delivery of Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on revenue and booking performance to help improve current processes.
- Dealing with owner queries in relation to the performance of their property.
- Working with the Revenue Manager on optimising portfolio performance and using data analysis to help decision-making.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Communications Information Technician at Stockton Riverside College
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
40 hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Number skills, Team working, Strong interest in IT, Time management, Flexible, Collaborative approach
Things to consider
Why choose us? The team here at Host & Stay genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers and we think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Host & Stay. Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable
HOST & STAY LIMITED
This vacancy meets disability confident requirements
- Unit 3
- 4 Birdwells Court
- TS12 2LQ