We are dedicated to providing the very best care and education for all our children. We want our school to be a happy, inclusive and successful community. Within a safe, positive and supportive environment, our children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and well-being. We promote a love of learning, which encourages our children to aim high and become valuable members of society. We pride ourselves on being a school at the heart of the Firthmoor, involving pupils, parents and the wider community in our achievements.
As a Teaching Assistant with PE, the role will focus on promoting health & wellbeing across the school & supporting the teacher to deliver Physical Education. If you would like to inspire others to be physically active this is the role for you. For the right person, there is a potential pathway within school sport.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain invaluable insight and experience of working within a school setting. Developing the Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours to support the teacher and inspire young people to learn.
- Be a role model for Healthy Active Lifestyles and support the delivery of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Health and Well-being and School Sport.
- Extend opportunities for all pupils to participate in extra – curricular activities. Deliver active lunchtimes and support after school and community sport.
- Support with administrative tasks associated with sports teams, events and competitions.
- Assist the Teacher in the classroom to support pupil progress and enhance the learning experience of children.
- Support the efficient organisation of storage areas, teaching aids and equipment.
- Working as part of the school team be a role model for learning, PE and School Sport.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is provided through a blended programme of practical activity, group training and virtual learning. The programme provides opportunities to share experiences with other apprentices and learn from experienced professionals.
Training Topics include:
– Understanding how children learn and develop.
– Using Technology to support learning.
– Working with teachers to understand and support assessment.
– Keeping Children safe in education.
– Planning and leading high quality Physical Activity.
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and End Point Assessment a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Qualification will be achieved
Additional qualifications include:
Safeguarding Level 1.
Working towards Level 2 Functional Skills (where appropriate).
Opportunities to gain additional coaching qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Level 4 Sports Coach in a school setting.
Higher Education pathway.
Teaching Assistant within a school setting.
Pathway into Teaching.
Working in a sector that involves, initiative, leadership, communication, developing positive relationships.
Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.