We have a short term 2-3 month immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer in Teesside, working from home. You will be part of a project, one of the first in the UK to turn waste into fuel.
The project aims to make fuel which produces 80% fewer greenhouse gases than current fossil fuels. Once operational the plant would create 180 million litres of fuel a year.
As Technical Writer, you will be required to understand a wide range of technical information.
- Creating clear and concise material, taking ownership of editing and proofreading tasks, including procedures, standards, plans, manuals
- Revising or rewriting existing technical literature, and ensuring the process of approval is completed efficiently
- Support development of training material for new or revised material
- Expert application of syntax and punctuation and language relevant to engineering and construction industry environments
- Transferring documents from SOPs to LGF format
- Filing documentation into folders
- Liaising with internal and external partners for maintaining systems
- Assisting with the completion and publication of project documents to meet project schedules and/or publication deadlines
- Resolving problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Working together with people from across the business unit
- Communicating with direct team and supervisor
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience in a similar technical writing role, preferably within engineering and/or construction industry
- Understanding personal HSE responsibilities
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- A collaborative approach
If you are interested in this Technical Writer opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now!