TEP are recruiting for a Trade Counter Sales Apprentice. You will be serving customers face to face on the trade counter and over the telephone as well as other duties. It is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to start a career within sales, and distribution, in a fast-paced and technical environment within the electrical industry.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be responsible for serving trade counter customers and interacting with customers over the telephone, and fulfilling their orders, and other essential trade counter tasks.
Duties will include:
- Serving customers face to face on the trade counter and over the telephone
- Assisting customers with product sales and knowledge
- Accurately processing orders on the computer system
- Creating quotations
- Taking cash and card payments
- Picking orders from the warehouse and monitoring customer orders
- Solving customer problems/enquiries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Helping with marketing, merchandising and stocking the trade counter
- Handling, storing, picking, loading and dispatching goods to meet deadlines
- Receiving goods, notifying Counter Supervisor of any short deliveries or damages, and accurately entering them onto the computer system
- Organising returns for the Counter Supervisor
- Providing support to external sales
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Following processes and procedures accurately
- General housekeeping duties for both the trade counter and warehouse
- Report any health & safety issues to Counter Supervisor
- Any other duties as required