Are you looking to start your career in Accountancy or are you wishing to advance your existing skills and knowledge? Look no further than our prestigious opportunity with one of the region’s largest independent accounting firms.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our dynamic Audit and Accounts team where we are currently recruiting for multiple positions across all our offices. You will be employed as an Audit and Accounts Associate and complete a 3-year training contract for the prestigious ICAEW ACA qualification to become a chartered accountant.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Prepare accounts from a variety of clients’ systems including Sage, Xero and QuickBooks Online
- Participate in onsite audits as an assistant to the audit senior and undertaking relevant tasks as required by the audit senior.
- Prepare draft corporation tax computations.
- Action queries raised by the accounts and tax managers on the draft accounts and tax computations.
- Clear review points and actioning queries raised by colleagues.
- Act as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries
- Attend clients’ premises across the North-East and Yorkshire depending on office location.
This role will commence in early August 2024. Our Assessment Days will take place in November/December 2023
- AAT L3 or L4 qualified or have a relevant degree or have 3 A levels at grade A*-C and want to study AAT
- Be willing to learn and have an enthusiasm to pursue a career in accountancy.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident speaking to clients face to face, over the telephone and by email.
- Must have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of Excel.
- The ability to check work for accuracy and have good attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate your initiative to solve problems.
- Be flexible and proactive in managing multiple priorities.
- The ability to travel to clients’ premises as required.
- Accounts experience with knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks Online, Iris, and Xero
- Proven experience of delivering excellent client service.
Why Clive Owen?
Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth and have now expanded to an impressive count of 13 partners within the firm. We work with a portfolio of some of the most innovative and exciting clients across our region, delivering excellent client services and acting with integrity in all our interactions. We are progressive in the technology we use to enhance efficiencies and client delivery. We value our people and work together to maintain our strong working culture. We are focused on improving our responsible business practices and connecting with our communities.
We are committed to supporting work-life balance so offer a variety of flexible working options including hybrid working, nine-day fortnight, part-time working and flexible start and finish times.
We want to build a more representative and inclusive workplace, ensuring all colleagues are treated fairly, with respect and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme.
- Buying additional holidays through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Health and wellbeing support including an employee assistance programme, mental health first aiders, Kaido and HBSC financial webinars.
- Perkbox discounts platform.
- Discounted healthcare.
- Social events.
- Opportunities for learning and development and fully paid qualifications.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Eye tests and flu jabs.
- Volunteering day and organised charitable events.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Caroline Pigg – Recruitment and Training Adviser.