PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Based in the Transport Department at Teesport, Middlesbrough an exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner.
Working in a busy department you will work alongside the existing transport team to assist with the continued growth of the modern distribution fleet. You will be responsible for the smooth running of day to day operations and implementation of successful contract wins. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring the existing transport operation remains compliant through close coordination with the Transport Manager.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Plan, coordinate and control all inbound and outbound traffic
- Ensure customer requests and special instructions are actioned
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met in accordance with safe working practices, security protocols and effective training
- Communicate with other Transport Planners to ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (depending on shift pattern)
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme
The ideal candidate will need experience in all avenues of transport including flat trailers, curtain-sider’s and containers plus the knowledge to back load vehicles throughout the UK. Able to provide a first-class transport service to our customers whilst ensuring Health and Safety is not jeopardised and have the ability to plan vehicles effectively to meet departmental budgets and individual/business KPI’s.
On offer is an opportunity to join a global logistics company who are well positioned to further expand their business, so if you feel you have the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team please contact:-
- Ian Smallman – 07483 348974 or Ian.Smallman@pdports.co.uk
- Victor Ross – 07483 348974 or Victor.firstname.lastname@example.org