About the employer
Drive Motor Retail was named European Dealer Group of the Year by Vauxhall. Beating 30 groups in 14 countries, it was recognised as the top performer for customer satisfaction, sales performance and financial results. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry. As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled workforce that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Repairing paint damage and faults
- Applying foundation materials
- Preparing and masking a range of panels
- Mixing and matching colours
- Applying vehicle topcoats
- Complying with Health & Safety procedures and general housekeeping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor – both will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician
- You will achieve certification in Refrigerant Handling and if required Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Following completion of your apprenticeship, you can have a full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority such as workshop controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
- The opportunities are endless, having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their careers within the automotive sector following their own interests and ambitions.
Desired skills and personal qualitiesCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Physical fitness
QualificationsGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired