About the employer
Drive Motor Retail was named European Dealer Group of the Year by Vauxhall. Beating 30 groups in 14 countries, it was recognised as the top performer for customer satisfaction, sales performance and financial results. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry. As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Panel Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled workforce that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology
- Remove, repair, and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician programme here in our state-of-the-art body shop
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor – both will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician
- You will achieve certification in Refrigerant Handling and if required Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Following completion of your apprenticeship, you can have a full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority such as workshop controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
- The opportunities are endless, having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their careers within the automotive sector following their own interests and ambitions.
Desired skills and personal qualitiesCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Physical fitness
QualificationsGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired