Job Title: Vocational Instructor – Instrumentation
Salary: £30,717 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: TTE Contract, Full Time, Permanent
Annual leave: 30 days plus statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Pension: NEST Pension Scheme (LGPS)
About the College
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking, dynamic, successful and caring organisation, The Middlesbrough College Group? The Group;
- Is the largest and top performing GFE College in the Tees Valley.
- Is committed to staff development and long-term career planning.
- Offers excellent non pay benefits.
- Is committed to staff wellbeing.
- Has excellent facilities and working environment.
- Is financially strong with ambitious ongoing staff and campus expansion and development plans.
- Offers job satisfaction – creating opportunity for all.
- Has happy staff – 9 out of 10 staff would recommend working here!
About the role
The role is full time (37.5 hours), permanent.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Vocational Instructor – Instrumentation, based at our TTE facility in South Bank, Middlesbrough. Vocational Instructors train, demonstrate, and support students on competence based/skills based learning programmes.
You will also be teaching to a varied range of stakeholders; for example- full time study programme students, employed apprentices, employed electrical fitters/engineers, and international students- these students are employed by multi-national companies, who come to train at our world class facility from all over the world.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold appropriate technical certificates and trade discipline qualifications with relevant experience.
- Achievement of or working towards a recognised teaching qualification as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Technically competent in relevant skill discipline.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and articulate business opportunities.
- Confidence in ability to adapt delivery to learners of differing abilities and experience.
- Possess relevant technical qualifications to deliver specialist discipline courses.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to all levels.
- Strategic thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Results orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Forward thinking
- Interpersonal awareness
Safeguarding our students
Middlesbrough College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as well as vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to be suitable to work with these groups and share this commitment. The college will ensure that all children, young people and vulnerable adults who access the college facilities feel safe and will put in place college-wide procedures and staff training to achieve this.
As a member of teaching / curriculum staff, your role will engage with children on a regular basis for teaching, instructing, caring or supervising. Therefore, this role is defined as being within ‘regulated activity’. At Middlesbrough College , we pride ourselves on our dedication to safeguarding all students, to do so we follow a strict vetting process whereby any offer of employment will be subject to the appropriate checks, including an Enhanced DBS Check.
Before applying for a role with Middlesbrough College, it is important to note that it is an offence to do so if you believe you are a persons whom is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
To read more information in relation to the DBS Code of Practice please follow this link: Revised Code of Practice for Disclosure and Barring Service Registered Persons (publishing.service.gov.uk)
Want to know more?
For further details and to discuss the role in more detail, please contact For further information please email John Cooke, Operations Manager, TTE – John.Cooke@tte.co.uk
As a College we are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application the ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications / skills and experience detailed within the job description. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date. We therefore encourage applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
To learn more about working at Middlesbrough College, please visit our Work For Us page.Apply Now!