Brief overview of the role
Bulk Tainer – First point of contact for a defined list of customers. Handle order requests, queries and help deliver excellent customer service. Ensure accurate and timely recharge of additional costs.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Responsible for one’s own, co-workers and stakeholder’s health and safety.
- Handle customer order requests and provide accurate and timely information about services, lead times and costs.
- Keep customers informed of any impact or changes to their orders as soon as possible and in the case of delays, provide alternative options and costs with the communication.
- Ensure key events of the transports are communicated immediately such as load and delivery confirmations.
- Through the creation of an order, ensure all the required details are captured in the system and communicate key requirements to other internal departments to ensure all customer requests are met.
- Through the kickback report and review of the jobs after completion, review, advise the customer and recharge all applicable additional costs.
- Review and monitor templates against completed orders to ensure all necessary instructions are available for relevant parties. Review complaints and implement safeguards to avoid repeated issues. Highlight to Team Leader any costs repeatedly incurred that are unrecoverable.
- Monitor OTIF performance by customer and provide improvement plans to achieve consistent high score.
- Compile and produce any customer requested reports, such as OTIF, extra cost reports etc. within the timeframe required.
- 40 hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed
- Excellent communication with both customers and colleagues and the ability to develop relationships both internally and externally.
- Competent in the use of I.T. system, outlook, excel etc.
- Some geographical knowledge
- Reasonable level of mathematics and ability to perform basic calculations
- Communicate with various departments to achieve common goals
- Able to withstand high pressure situations
- Willing to travel and on occasion, work unsociable hours
- Previous roles in customer service or within logistics industry
- Experience of advising and recharge costs
- History of growing and developing relationships with customers
- An ability to work well under pressure
- GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- They pay slightly above the going rate at £9,000 per annum and £11,000 after successfully completing a 6 month probation period.
- You will need to be able to reliably get to the location, please check before applying.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required