Brief overview of the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and driven individual who can work on their own initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring each customer is greeted and given all the information needed to make an informed decision on their purchase.
What you will do in your working day
The main duties of this job include selling to customers, customer service and keeping the shop running efficiently.
- Selling to customers – This will be face-to-face communication with customers passing on product knowledge to enable customers to make an informed choice on the products available in-store or to order.
- lnput of till transactions – Using the EPOS system to complete the customer transactions using payment types Cash, Card (Chip n Pin) Credit Note.
- Process customer orders using the stock database.
- Chasing customer orders with suppliers and updating customers with the status of the order.
- Dealing with customer problems.
- Able to deal with any issues that customers may have with their purchase and rectify to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Able to deal with incoming telephone calls from the general public and suppliers. Must possess a patient demeanour as may have to deal with customer complaints.
- Ensuring that the sales area is kept clean and tidy at all times and any health & safety issues are reported to management.
- To be able to carry out the processes and procedures in the stock room to enable stock to be stored/labelled and found easily.
- Various admin duties are also required such as filing, updating customer paperwork with written text on current status, processing emails, and distribution of mail/post.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Customer Service at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required.
- Delivery method and location of training to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is a possibility of being kept on at the end of the contract depending on the needs of the business.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired